Project Engineer / Assistant Project Manager (Ft. Lauderdale / Miami, FL)
Beacon Consulting Group, Inc. in a national construction consulting firm that provides consulting services to financial, real estate and surety institutions with the assessment and completion of troubled construction projects. We are seeking a full time Project Engineer to join Beacon’s staff at our Florida location to assist project managers in providing consulting services. Our consulting services include: assessing status of construction projects, assessing the cost to complete and construction accounting/finance of construction projects, generating re-let packages, ratification of sub-contractors, construction management/oversight, review of payment bond claims, and construction defects assessment.
Job Location: Florida (Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area)
We are looking for an individual with:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in construction project management
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- An interest in learning skills associated with surety consulting and utilizing them along with existing construction management skills
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the day-to-day tasks of managing a construction consulting project to meet the time and cost objectives specified by the Client.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Communicating with the subcontractors/vendors on a day-to-day basis
- Reviewing construction project related documents
- Assisting the Project Manager to prepare and update the project cost to complete analysis
- Estimating construction completion costs
- Preparing and/or reviewing payment requisitions, change orders and other project documents
- Assisting the Project Manager to prepare and/or analyze project schedules
- Assisting the Project Manager to prepare and/or analyze construction and payment bond claims
- Assisting the Project Manager to prepare bid packages
- Coordinating information with subcontractors/vendors
- Organizing and filing project documents
- Accredited degree(s) in Engineering and/or Construction Management
- 3-5 years of construction experience
- Extremely proficient in MS Office software, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Primavera Scheduling software and CADD/BIM is a plus
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Spanish Speaking is a plus
- Self-motivated and capable of handling his/her own caseload
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card) status
Please Submit Resumes To: Michelle Punch, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Beacon Consulting Group, Inc.
Beacon Consulting Group, Inc. is a privately held company in business since 2003. Beacon provides consulting services to leading companies, including some of the world’s preeminent surety companies, financial institutions, and a broad range of public and private clients. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation / holidays, company-sponsored health insurance plan, and 401K savings package. Beacon’s team is growing and offers a great opportunity for career growth as we expand.