St. George Ferry Terminal
The renovation of the St. George Ferry Terminal per the standards of the St. George Ferry Rehabilitation Project included extensive and complicated curtain wall systems installation, glazing, and door/skylight installation.
Upon the contractor default of the General Construction Contract ($7 million), the surety company retained Beacon to provide project management and surety consulting services. Beacon's Duties included:
- Preparing a cost to complete analysis
- Soliciting bids
- Awarding a completion contract
- Ratifying subcontractors
- Reviewing all subcontractor/vendor claims against the payment bond
- Monitoring construction and costs.
- Beacon also acted as the Surety's construction manager on the completion contract.