Beacon Staff Profile: Olan Kenneally, Project Manager / Construction Consultant
Olan Kenneally joined Beacon's Construction Consulting team in 2021. Olan has more than seven years of progressive construction management and consulting experience working on high-profile projects with contract values up to $144 million. Some highlights of Olan's recent project experience are noted below.
A native of Cork, Ireland, Olan has been working as a consultant on major projects in the U.S., Canada and Ireland since 2014. Olan attended University College Dublin (with honors) where he earned a Bachelor of Civil Engineering Degree. Olan also holds a Masters Degree in Engineering Science (Sustainable Energy), also graduating with honors, from University College Cork.
Olan has exceptional on-site project management skills and is highly experienced at coordinating and directing construction operations and maintenance activities. He is also highly effective when it comes to assessing construction scheduling concerns, prioritizing work activities, and recommending work arounds to avoid schedule delays. Olan has experience working with a variety of software tools, including Procore (for construction project management) and Primavera P6 CPM (for scheduling).
Some of the high-profile projects that Olan has worked on in recent years are highlighted below:
- Project Manager – One Vanderbilt Ave., New York, NY. The project involved $139-Million in concrete superstructure work on the 59 story 1.6-million-square-foot commercial office tower in Midtown Manhattan. Oversaw pouring of over 75,000 cubic yards of concrete and installation of over 15-Million pounds of rebar, coordinated all issues related to design/installation of the Liebherr 542 tower crane, and co-ordinated design/installation of the largest Peri ACS self-climbing shearwall formwork system in North America.
- Project Manager – 20 Times Square, New York, NY. The $35.2-million contract involved concrete work at the 42-story mixed use development on Times Square which features a 452 room Marriott Edition hotel with designated retail space and outdoor space. Oversaw pouring of over 17,000 cubic yards of concrete and 4.5-million pounds of rebar installation, and coordinated installation of vertical protection system and 2 no self-climbing shearwall formwork systems.
- Assistant Project Manager – One Manhattan West, New York, NY. The $144-million contract involved concrete superstructure work on the 67-story office skyscraper in the Manhattan West development. Coordinated with suppliers and vendors to ensure material availability, prepared estimates and change orders, completed and submitted monthly requisitions with required documentation, and facilitated communications between office and field staff.
- Assistant Project Manager – The Eugene at Hudson Yards, New York, NY. The $56-million contract involved concrete superstructure work on the 62-story residential tower. Coordinated with suppliers and vendors to ensure material availability, prepared estimates and change orders, completed and submitted monthly requisitions with required documentation, and facilitated communications between office and field staff.
- Assistant Project Manager – Various School Construction Projects, New York, NY. Supported over 20 New York City School Construction Authority projects with a cumulative contract amount of $4.8-million. Projects included emergency work, school rehabilitation, sidewalk shed installation and maintenance.
In 2021, Olan readily transitioned to become a valuable member of Beacon's construction consulting team. His combination of excellent communication skills, a solid work ethic, deep technical / engineering knowledge, and exceptional construction management experience ensures that he is a valuable member of any project team he is on.
When not working, Olan enjoys watching sports and running. He is an avid Premier League soccer fan and has been a long-time fan of Manchester United. Since moving to the U.S. in 2014, Olan has also become a fan of the Brooklyn Nets. To keep fit, Olan enjoys running and has completed two NYC Marathons. This past September, Olan finished his first triathlon - the 2021 Pilgrimman (70.3) Triathlon held in Plymouth, MA. In 2022, he plans to compete in another 70.3 triathlon (IronMan Maryland) and the NYC Marathon. Welcome Olan!