Construction Consulting Project Update: Construction Work Nears Completion on 5-story Self Storage Building Project in Miami, FL
As previously reported, Beacon Consulting Group, Inc. has been providing construction consulting / surety consulting services to a leading Surety company related to a building construction project located in the Coral Way neighborhood of Miami, Florida. The building is a 5-story, 17,400-SF self-storage facility.
Beacon has been providing Construction Management (CM) services on behalf of the Surety and has also provided an on-site Superintendent in recent months to help keep work on the project moving forward. Beacon's project manager and project engineers have been facilitating scheduling and payments to various contractors involved.
As shown in some of the project photos below, exterior construction work on the building has been completed, as has a significant amount of all other interior work (as of this writing).
Some of the major milestones completed in recent weeks & months include:
- Entire driveway slab poured
- All paving done (parking lot, etc)
- Landscaping completed
- Exterior Signage installed
- Glass facade installed
- Installation & commissioning of HVAC
- Storage lockers installed on all floors
- Contractors done with interior & exterior finishes
- Retail / Office / Reception area installed
- Elevator passed inspection & permanent certificate received
In recent weeks, Beacon's team has been helping oversee the project closeout process—such as ensuring that requests to close out building permits are submitted to the city and other related tasks.