Happy Holidays & Best Wishes For A Healthy, Happy New Year
On behalf of everyone at Beacon Consulting Group, I would like to wish you and your family Happy Holidays and best wishes for a healthy, happy, and successful New Year.
I look forward to seeing friends, clients and partners next month in San Diego for the ABA's Surety & Fidelity Committee Midwinter meeting. Stay tuned for more information about presentations and events which Beacon's team will be involved with.
This year was filled with company milestones, fun events, and interesting projects. Some of the memories and highlights from 2018 are noted below:
- On March 3, 2018, Beacon Consulting Group, Inc. turned 15 years old... Time flies when you're having fun!
- This year, our construction consulting assignments included helping a number of clients to finish out high-profile completion projects. For example, in NJ our team helped a leading Surety to finish up the Rutgers Chemistry & Chemical Biology (CCB) building project. This 145,000-sf facility, located on Rutgers University's Piscataway, NJ campus, serves as the headquarters for the university's CCB department. The state-of-the-art building houses classrooms, research facilities, laboratories, offices, conference rooms, and other multi-use spaces. Beacon provided a wide range of Construction Consulting services for the Surety involved in the project's completion.
- Over the course of the year, Beacon's team worked on consulting assignments at 30+ locations coast to coast covering all of the following service areas: Surety Consulting & Project Management, Construction Defects Assessment, Project Monitoring, Bid Reviews, Construction Loan Monitoring, Claims Analysis, Scheduling, and other pre-construction consulting services.
- Some of the great events we participated in 2018 included the ABA Surety & Fidelity Committee's winter meeting held in Washington D.C. last January. It was amazing to meet up with so many old friends surrounded by the historic buildings and monuments of our nation's capital! Beacon co-sponsored two fun events in D.C.—a networking evening at the International Spy Museum and an Irish Breakfast. Other events which were very memorable this year included the ABA's FSLC Spring Conference held in Santa Fe, NM in May, the Surety Claims Institute Annual Meeting in Colorado in June, and a number of other great regional meetings and events hosted by our Surety clients and partners (in Philadelphia, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Syracuse, Hartford, New York, and elsewhere).
- The Beacon family grew this year. We welcomed new staff and consultants in 2018, as we grew our teams in the NYC and Medford, MA offices.
- In early November, one of Beacon's long-time bachelors, Mike Kinahan, married his wonderful bride Ali in Boston, MA. Mike and Ali, we wish you much happiness and success in your life together!
- At Beacon's annual company meeting in early December, we celebrated our 15th anniversary, as well as 10-year anniversaries for five valued members of our great team!
On a very sad note, it is with a profound sense of loss that we said goodbye to our good friend Mike Paquet recently. Mike worked as a consultant and on-site project manager for Beacon over the past few years. Mike passed away in early December after being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. Mike was a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with. His decades of experience in all aspects of the construction industry made him a valued and trusted member of our team. We miss Mike and our thoughts are with his family in NJ. Please see the short article below remembering Mike.
Thank you to all of our clients, friends and partners for a great year. I look forward to seeing you soon!